Creamy Almond Mock Tuna Salad
If you’re looking for a nice alternative to tuna salad, this might do the trick – think of it as an oceanic alternative rather than something trying to replace fish! After all, human beings in coastal areas have been eating sea vegetables for most of their existence.
More to the point, it’s fresh, healthy, tasty and quick to make – soak the almonds the night before and the rest of the recipe can be assembled quickly the following day.
- Vegan mayo? There are plenty of brands around – we’ve shown some of them below. It’s also very very quick, simple and cheap to make your own. Here’s our favourite recipe
- Nori sprinkles (or whole sheets of nori) are also pretty widely available in larger supermarkets although you might need to find a good health food shop or online store for the sprinkles or kelp powder. Give a sheet a quick whizz in the food processor or blender to create your own sprinkles.
Optional extras / notes
Plus 4-8 hours soaking time. Quantities can be halved or multiplied easily, according to need.
- Almost instant meals
- Budget recipes
- Cakes and baking
- Family recipes
- Guest chef
- Health, nutrition & slimming
- Healthy recipes
- International recipes
- Juices & smoothies
- Know-how: kitchen skills, shopping tips, cooking techniques etc
- Sports nutrition
- V30 facts
- Sides, light meals and salads
- Vegetable side dishes
- Reduced sugar
- Quick meals
- Party food
- Boost your mood
- Fish alternatives
Did you know that V30 is run by a charity?
We create vital resources to help educate everyone – vegan veterans, novices and the v-curious alike – about vegan food, health and nutrition; as well as the plight of farmed animals and the devastating environmental impact of farming.
Through this work we have helped thousands of people discover veganism; but we want to reach millions more! We rely entirely on donations as we don’t get any government funding. If you already support us, thank you from the bottom of our hearts, you are really making a difference! Please share our details with your friends and loved ones too, as every donation enables us to keep fighting for change.