White Bean, Black Olive, Sun-dried Tomato & Basil Paté
Very quick, easy and full of Mediterranean flavours. Serve in sandwiches, as a dip with crudités or crisp toast, or on a plate with salad leaves and ripe tomatoes for a light meal.
- Aldi and Lidl sell very reasonably-priced sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives.
- Don’t throw away the gooey bean water – pour it into a clean screwtop jar or other airtight container – it will last in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer for a month or more. It’s also called aquafaba and can be used in place of egg whites or eggs to make cakes, meringues, mayo and more. Click to access this feature
Adapted with thanks from The GI Vegetarian Cookbook by Rose Elliot, published by BBC Books
- Almost instant meals
- Budget recipes
- Cakes and baking
- Family recipes
- Guest chef
- Health, nutrition & slimming
- Healthy recipes
- International recipes
- Juices & smoothies
- Know-how: kitchen skills, shopping tips, cooking techniques etc
- Sports nutrition
- V30 facts
- Soups and starters
- Sides, light meals and salads
- Reduced fat
- Reduced sugar
- Diabetic friendly
- Quick meals
- Low fat/sugar
Did you know that V30 is run by a charity?
We create vital resources to help educate everyone – vegan veterans, novices and the v-curious alike – about vegan food, health and nutrition; as well as the plight of farmed animals and the devastating environmental impact of farming.
Through this work we have helped thousands of people discover veganism; but we want to reach millions more! We rely entirely on donations as we don’t get any government funding. If you already support us, thank you from the bottom of our hearts, you are really making a difference! Please share our details with your friends and loved ones too, as every donation enables us to keep fighting for change.